Terms Of Service
PSTN & VOIP telecoms
Version 1.0 01/04/2014
PSTN Telecoms Terms
"Service" means the telecommunication "Services" provided by the "Service Provider".
"Service Provider" under these Terms and Conditions means any landline/hosted/broadband/leased line/point 2 point/nts "Agreement" with any "Service Provider".
1. We will make every effort to make the services available to you, but owing to the nature of telecommunications networks, it is impossible to provide a fault free service and the quality of the services depends on the network provided by the Network Service Provider to which you are connected. It is your responsibility to make sure your equipment is in working order so as to enable the provision of our services. At your request we will re-programme or programme any telecommunication equipment in your possession to make the service effective; however, we will not be liable for any loss or damage as a result of any problems arising from the programming of your equipment.
2. All numbers issued to you in advance of the effective service date are provisional and cannot be guaranteed until the service has become effective. TandyUK Servers Ltd is not liable for any costs of reprinting literature, advertising or other forms of media planned in advance of the effective date of the service.
3. You are required to inform us of any potential hazards or risks that are present on site prior to the arrangement of a Network Service Providerís Engineers appointment.
4. Upon notification of a fault by you, we will use the procedures laid down in the Network Service Providers, service level agreement, to report and rectify any fault.
5. If your service fails and this is subsequently found to be due to your equipment or error in using the service, then you agree to pay for any costs that may arise or from calling out the Service Providers Engineers to remedy the suspected fault.
6. You agree that TandyUK Servers Ltd has the authority to arrange the transfer of line rentals and call services from other Service Providers to TandyUK Servers Ltd upon agreeing to these terms and conditions.
7. Where phone numbers are allocated to you, you have no right to sell or to agree to transfer the number provided to you for use with the service.
8. Each telephone line can be entered into the national phone book and into various directory enquiry services.
Voice Over IP ("VOIP") Telephony Services
Any order for VOIP telephony services which is accepted by the Company is conditional on you acknowledging that the service:
a) may not offer all the features or resilience you may expect from a conventional phone line: and
b) is not a Publicly Available Telephony Service (PATS) and as a result may sometimes be limited, unavailable or disrupted due to events beyond the Company's control e.g. power disruptions, failures or the quality of the broadband connection.
You agree when we provide Voice over IP telephony services that:
a) you are responsible for maintaining up to date location details on our VOIP portal for the use of the emergency services;
b) if you use the service outside the United Kingdom you may not be connected to United Kingdom emergency services when dialling 999 or 112;
c) emergency operators may not be able to identify your telephone number in order to call you back if the call either cannot be completed, is dropped or disconnected, or if you are unable to speak to tell them your phone number and/or if the service is not operational for any reason, and emergency operators may also not be able to hold your line open in the event that you hang up;
d) you understand and accept that you should always have an alternative means of accessing 999 or 112 emergency services as your ability to make 999 or 112 emergency calls cannot be guaranteed and emergency calls may fail if there is a power failure or broadband connection failure;
e) you understand and accept that if we suspend or terminate the service you may not be able to dial 999 or 112.